Another significant structure in the Brainard community is the ZCBJ Hall built in 1916. The hall was originally built by members of the ZCBJ Lodge, an organizing chapter of the Nationally known Czech Lodge, Zapdni Cesko Bratrska Jednota. Under the then Constitution and By-Laws, membership in this Lodge was restricted to only men of Czech descent, who came to the United States as immigrants. Over the years it has been used as a meeting house, gymnasium, playhouse, dance hall, and movie theater. In 1970, it was sold to the Raskey Brothers who now use it for storage of their impressive automotive collection.